Sunday, September 21, 2008

Depression Shifts with Gratitude


Here is an email I received today that I wanted to share with you:

" I have to tell you that my husband has been getting a dose of Dr. Cynthia Miller and Gratitude. So, today, when he got home from work, I was telling him something about gratitude yet again and he said he had picked up on it and had been saying "gratitude" to himself. That is a real step for him. He constantly fights depression and has for years and can usually find something negative about most anything. He's a real skeptic/cynic. For him to be going around saying "gratitude" to himself all day is amazing. I also guess that "gratitude" has a different meaning to him than the words "Thank You" and your message has helped him discover that.

Now, I get it, gratitude is a condition that we must learn to live in. He is a very sensitive man and he picked that up. His sensitivity is part of his depression, he really feels bad for the bad things that happened in Rwanda or any of those places. Anyway, your saying that gratitude permeates all things in our brain and will sort it all out for us was his next message from you. It will be become more and more real for all of us.

Thank you very much Dr. Miller!"

No comments: